Programme for Promotion of Entrepreneurship and Employment -Centre for Entrepreneurship - (C4E)
The Project will address key challenges facing Youth in Kenya namely the transition of the Youth to the labour market, reduction of youth unemployment, and support provision of business development services to youth-owned MSMEs.
The Project contributes to GoK’s agenda of the improvement of the employability of youthful skilled workers in Kenya leading to the expansion of employment opportunities through self-employment, permanent employment, start-ups, and young enterprises.
The main Project activities include:
1. Setting up and equipping the main physical C4E at Kenya Industrial Estates (KIE), Nairobi and 5 satellite centers at KIE regional offices.
2. Development of mobile and online platforms to provide information on learning/training opportunities, support services, and labour market information.
3. Establishment and management of a voucher system to finance skills development or gaps identified during the assessment of the beneficiaries.
4. Sensitisation and outreach programmes for the C4E and its services.
5. Establishment of an accreditation unit for the voucher management system.
6. Establishment of a Maker Space (common user facility).
- Ministry of Cooperatives and MSME Development
Riverside Square – 8th Floor – Riverside Drive – Nairobi, Kenya
The Counties of Focus
• Equipment and infrastructure
• Life employability skills
• Youth Technical Skills Training