USAID Empowered Youth
The purpose of USAID Empowered Youth is to connect Kenyan youth to social and economic opportunities to improve their lives with a special focus on the marginalized. To achieve this objective, a diverse set of themes and approaches will be used including:
1. Enhance youth serving systems by strengthening and expanding youth networks and leveraging youth bunges, youth savings and credit cooperative organizations, alumni from Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) and Global Give Back Circle, and other key youth organizations.
2. Partnership between U.S. and Kenyan higher education institutions including universities, polytechnics, technical and vocational education, and training institutes (TVETs), and vocational training centers (VTCs) to develop their capacity to generate and use data to expand evidence-based and evidence-producing programs, practices, and policies related to youth.
3. Utilize county-level models to strengthen systems to better engage youth and connect them to social and economic opportunities.
- Michigan State University (MSU)
- National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA) CLUSA International
- National Youth Bunge Association (NYBA)
- Egerton University
- Strathmore University
- Respective County Governments
Westlands, General Mathenge Drive,
The Promenade, 3rd Floor, Unit 19