Italian Agency for Development Cooperation
Universita’ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano
1 January 2018 – 30 June 2020
Entrepreneurs with all levels of education operating in the priority sectors of the ‘Kenya Vision 2030’. Special focus on vulnerable groups like women and young people
- Tangaza University College
Giulo Di Pinto
Business Incubator in Kenya
In the recent years the Kenyan economy has been characterized by a great liveliness in terms of entrepreneurship and start-ups mostly led by the youths, leading to many business incubation initiatives, paying particular attention to Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
With this reality, The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation believes that incorporating the Italian system and know-how can play a pivotal role in promoting entrepreneurship by supporting the Kenyan strategy towards creation of decent jobs, a major component of The Big Four Agenda. It is on this grounds that the agency has supported the E4Impact Project in Kenya.
The E4Impact business accelerator initiative was initiated by the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan, an Italian University which has a long tradition in economic studies. The project aims at enhancing partnership with universities, public institutions and private sector to promote culture, entrepreneurial skills and innovation in Kenya with the key goal being job creation.
- Incubation of 40 business ventures for a period of two years (20 Pre year)
- Mentorship for the businesses through linking them with Italian companies in the same line.
- Training on skills to scale up and manage businesses.
- Provision of seed grants to incubated businesses.
Key focus Areas
- Capacity Building
- Private Sector Engagement
- Access to Finance & Entrepreneurship
- Fashion design
- Machinery and Equipment,
- Construction and affordable Housing
- Green Businesses and renewable energy
- Innovative ICT services and infrastructures
Enterprises from all over Kenya are given a chance to apply for the incubation opportunity.